Monday, March 12, 2012

Life lessons+ Why is tonight so great?


Hello everybody!
I am in an especially good mood at the moment. As a matter of fact I'm in such a good mood that as soon as I finish this post, I'm gonna clean my room!
Life lessons I've learned:

Who I am in the past past doesn't matter.
Who I was yesterday doesn't have to be who I am today. 
It's not too late to change your ways for the better, you can do it! You just have to have the desire to!
The world is full of second chances. 

If you think about it, nearly anything is possible when you care enough to do what you have to do to make it possible.
Practice really does make perfect!
This can be proved by just small things! For instance, last September if you'd have asked me to do the splits I would have laughed in your face (Well maybe not LAUGH, but I would have definitely looked at you funny). After a few months of practicing, my dance teacher complemented me tonight on my splits. 
Imagine how proud I felt knowing that the work I put into accomplishing that goal had payed off. 

Take a chance! Practice extra hard to be better than the best! Talk to someone who you have never talked to before! Just do it!

Procrastination kills the dreamer.
Take this for an example:
If you're sitting there thinking "hmm... I think I should clean my room in five minutes" or "I think I'll do yoga in half an hour.", chances of you completing that task get smaller and smaller every minute leading up to that "five minutes". If when that five minutes is up you decide "you know, I'll just do that in fifteen minutes... It won't hurt." who's to say that you won't do the same thing in fifteen minutes?
The future is always uncertain.
 Nobody knows what is going to happen, or go through your mind later on. 
The only sure way to get something done, is to just do it!

A bad day doesn't mean a bad life. 
Learn from those bad days!
What made that day so awful?
What could you have done to prevent it from being a bad day?
Try your best to make the day a great day, but it it isn't, don't beat yourself up! There's always tomorrow to shine!


Now about my night <3

It was parent observation night tonight at my dance studio, and to say the least I was a bit nervous about being watched by all those parents!
I'm not the most confidant with my beginner dance skills to say the least, and one of my biggest fears is being judged by people.

I have a history of getting depressed whenever I feel like I did bad in dance class,
so in the car tonight before class I made a promise to myself that I would do my best, and even if I didn't do great I wouldn't beat myself up, then I asked God to let me do my best.
I wasn't the best dancer tonight, but to be honest I can't sit here and judge myself negatively because of that promise I made. 
Because of that promise and that prayer, I didn't focus on whether I was dancing awfully or not. I was focused on doing my best, and more importantly, enjoying myself!

As I said in my "life lessons", when I was stretching through my splits my teacher complemented me and said that she wished she had a camera so she could take a picture and show me how I've improved. 
That pretty much officially made my night a good one! 
I've been working hard on my splits, and being told that made me proud of myself.

Before I left for class I found a package of Wonka fun dip that my friend from dance gave me on Valentines day, that I thought I left at the studio, in my bag. I decided to save it for after class so I had it to look forward to.

After class my Dad got me a roast beef sandwich at one of my new favorite restaurants (as of last week), and I ate that as well as my fun dip and some popcorn that he brought to eat while he was waiting for me to finish dance (I know, I'm a terrible pig. It made me happy though, so it was worth it!).

We listened to old songs in the radio and they played two in a row by one of my favorite singers in the whole wide world, Elvis! 

Also, earlier that day I put a bunch of Kpop songs on my cellphone to listen to. 
It's really quite silly, but since mostly all I listen to is Kpop music, and they don't play it on the radio, I was getting tired of not being able to listen to what I love on the go. 
Just having the songs on there cheered me up! 
I was going to listen to them in the car, but I couldn't find my ear buds anywhere!
Which leads me to the last pleasant surprise that I got:

When I got home from dance and went in my room, my ear buds were laying right by my computer!
I'm assuming that my Mom reads minds, because she's the only one who could have put them there.

Now I'm going to start on making tomorrow a good day by cleaning my room so I don't have to wake up to a pigsty!

P.S. Another reason why I'm in such a good mood is because since Friday I've had my room all to myself since my sister is gone at my Mamaws house. She'll be gone til' Wednesday so I'm going to enjoy it while I can! 

Have a beautiful night/day!

XOXO
Anna<333

No comments:

Post a Comment