Friday, November 4, 2011

Pink gradient nail tutorial





 Sorry guys, once again I didn't take any pictures while I was doing my nails. Reason being because I had no idea what I was doing at the time, and was just making it up as I went. I didn't know how it would turn out.

These nails were very difficult to photograph. In real life the gradient effect is brighter pink.
Pic #3

The photo here that is the truest to the actual nails is  pic #3


Colors used in this look:
 1. Base coat: Sally Hanson Maximum growth plus in Pretty petal (#10).

2. Gradient: Sally Hanson Maximum growth plus in Dreamy pink (14)

3. Sparkle: Milani nail lacquer in disco lights (Most beautiful nail polish I've ever owned!)

4. Top coat: Sally Hanson Teflon Tuff extra strength nail protector

Ok, here's what I did.

1. Apply 2 coats of a light pearly pink nail polish.

2. Use a cosmetic sponge or paint brush to stipple on a very light layer of a deeper pink covering most of the nail and leaving a small gap between this color and the base coat.

3. Working your way up, continue stippling more layers of the deeper pink. When you're finished the pink should be darkest at the top of the nail, and then look as if it fades into the base coat.

4. Using a pink sparkly color, once again stipple it onto the nail. Focus on the top half.

5. Top it all off with a coat of clear polish and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment