Saturday, March 10, 2012

Guess who's getting her own room!

As a matter of fact, I am!

I'm so excited to be able to decorate any way I want!

 I want it to be very dreamy and whimsical (Go figure!).
As far as colors go, I'm thinking off whites, powder blues, and dusty pinks as well as some silver accents.
Room design
I also want it to have a shabby chic feel, so I'm planning on hitting the thrift stores for decorations.



Tip: When redecorating on a budget, don't be picky about buying everything new.

Thrift stores are a great place to find one of a kind home decor.

One thing that I'm 100% sure that I want in my room is a string of Christmas lights. 
As you can see from the picture above, Christmas lights are amazing for giving a space that magical fairy lights look.


 I'm also going to keep an eye out for some pink textured throw pillows like these. They're absolutely to die for!


I'm going to need to find a good place to put my wedding dress (which is currently hanging on the back of my door). It will work so well with the theme for my room!
It's kind of bulky so this might turn out a bit of a challenge, but I can do it!

Tip: You CAN decorate with things other than traditional decor. For instance, you can hang vintage dresses and clothing articles to give the room a unique personalized feel. 


I'm going to get new window treatments. I want to find some curtains that will let light in, but are not  see through. I might have to make some myself. 

Tip: Get crafty! Making accessories for your home  not only gives your room a sense of togetherness and personality, but it impresses all those who see your works of art!


Tip: Lastly, when it comes to making your space your own, showing YOUR personality is everything. Don't do something just because someone else thinks it will look good. Make YOU shine through every single piece of furniture and decoration! 


No comments:

Post a Comment