Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Romeo, Romeo!" True Love From the View of a Single Christian...Teenager!



I haven't blogged in a really long time... There really is no good explanation why this time though, except that I was too lazy and absolutely could not be bothered.. 

For my "comeback" I decided to blog about a subject near and dear to my heart... 
Since I heard my very first fairy tale, my mind has been full of romantic thoughts..
It's ten times worse now that I'm a teenager! 
Nearly every little thought buzzing around in my head is about finding my soul mate, or what my wedding will be like, etc... 
I'm probably the most hopelessly romantic person I've ever met in my life!

Now, being a Christian, I have different views on the subject of "True love" than a lot of people... 
Those views are what I'm going to talk about in this post...  

Before you get into this, keep in mind that I have been single my entire life... And that I'm a teen aged girl.

One and only... 
One of my strongest beliefs is that on this earth, there is only one destined soul mate for each person..
I don't believe that there is a "group" of people that God put here for  us to choose from. 

Why? 

Well, God has a plan for everybody... Don't you think that plan includes your mate?
I believe that before I was even born, God created a boy for me who would, in the future, be everything I prayed for, and more... 

In Genesis 2:18, it says "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."... Hence Eve was created especially FOR Adam... She wasn't randomly generated! 
If God had wanted too, he could have put hundreds of men and woman on the earth and said "Okay... Now choose someone fairly attractive, cause whoever you choose you're stuck with! Best of luck too ya! bye bye now!", but he didn't! He created that one woman, for that one man.

If you're thinking "So God gave Adam some help... Things are different now, and we all have to fend for ourselves in that situation.", not true!
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever! 
After Adam and Eve sinned, he didn't abandon them... He hasn't abandoned us!
If back then he thought that man shouldn't be alone (so he made a "help meet" for Adam), what makes you think it would be different now? Do we now fit into the "Man" category still?

Anyways, all that to say this...
God created someone special, just for YOU!


Pray, pray, pray!

In Matthew 7:7 it says "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you". 
Pretty self explanatory, no? 
If you want to find your soul mate, PRAY for God to allow you to find your soul mate!
Pray that he will let you recognize your mate the second you meet him!
Pray that here and now, wherever he is, that he is being raised right. That he is healthy, happy, and single... For ever! Until he meets you that is! Just kidding about the last one... Kind of. 
You can even pray and ask God to send you someone with specific talents, features, etc...

"What makes you think that if I pray for God to send me a red head, that he actually will?"

Well, read that verse again first of all... 
Then there's also Mark 11:24, where it says "Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

Also, I know of several people who prayed like that when they were young, and guess what?....
They got exactly what they prayed for! Right down to the color of their eyes!

Love ain't a foolproof road.
I can tell you from personal experience that it is VERY important that you do as I talked about above, and PRAY that you'll find your mate.. 
One of the reasons why I am so headstrong on the subject of soul mates is because I have grown up in a home where neither of my parents prayed and asked God to send them who they would have them to be with.
I'm not going to go into detail about the situation because it's my parents business, but I will say that it is  evident that God had someone else in mind for the both of them. 

For the record, I love my Mom and Dad very, very, very...VERY MUCH!

Proverbs 16:1 says "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord."

Often times, we humans like to jump into things... We do things without questioning whether it's wrong or right, say things without considering the consequences, and make decisions without consulting the person who has the answers to every question we could possibly have to ask... God!

1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to "Pray without ceasing".... If you were to "Pray without ceasing" probably wouldn't leave out much would you?

The alcoholic doesn't start drinking to become an alcoholic... It always starts with one drink. "Eh, no biggie.." they think, "Nothing bad can happen from taking just one drink, right?" wrong. 
One drink leads to another, which leads to more, and more, and before you know it, you're swallowing more alcohol than a whale does ocean!

"How is that even relevant?" You ask?

Well, say a situation comes up. You should probably pray about it, right? But you choose not to. 
"It's no big deal. I'll pray about the next thing that comes up.." you think, but every time something comes up, that thought replays in your head... Soon the situations get bigger, but Satan convinces you that you can handle it without the Lords help... You're now making wrong decisions left and right since you decided you could "handle it by yourself.", and soon you look up and find yourself in a hole to deep to climb out of without help. A hole which of course,you dug yourself. 

Bottom line, stay on the right path, and always pray more than feels necessary. 

Before your father "gives the bride away", you must become of age.
Of course, God is never going to "Give you away"! That was just a metaphor...
The point of this metaphor being, before God lets you find your mate, you should mature as a Christian, and draw as close unto him as you possibly can...
There's a reason minors can't legally wed, at least not without permission from their parents!

There are soooo many awesome bible verses that serve as great examples, here are a couple of my favorites... 

Psalms 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." 

Once you're in a serious relationship, it makes sense that your focus is now on your mate, which usually means it's no longer on pleasing God... 

Hence it makes sense that the Lord would want you to become a mature, faithful christian, before he decides you're ready to find your true love... 

There are many ways to as said "mature as a Christian"... Studying your bible, attending church services, witnessing, are just a few of them!

Patience is a virtue
A while ago, I made a commitment to myself that I would wait patiently for God to send me the man I'm supposed to be with, 
No matter how long I would have to wait, I would endure, because I know in the end that it will be worth the wait...
Now if I end up 80 and still single, I'll admit that probably won't make me happy, but I would keep waiting anyway... 

Romans 12:12 "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer"

Hmmm..."Patient in tribulation"? What?

Lets face it... Being patient is hardly an easy thing to do... Especially when it comes to waiting on things like your soul mate!

I understand that there will probably be times when waiting is hard.
Maybe I'll start to question things.
Maybe I'll be tempted to settle for less than I would hope for...
But won't give in no matter what.

Unless I have the idea in my head that someone is "Him", they will not be able to call me their girlfriend.
It's just not gonna happen. 

I'm not going to say that there won't be false alarms... Because there probably will be! 

But that's okay because I know that in the end, I WILL find him... And he will be worth every second of the wait!

You gotta have faith!

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding". 

Pretty much the most important thing to remember when on your search for your soul mate, is to have faith. 

I tell people all the time, "It doesn't matter what you think... God knows!". 

I don't know if you could tell, but I am a hundred percent confidant that I'm going to find the person that I was made to be with some way... That, my friends, is because I have faith... I trust the Lord with all my heart, to lead me on my journey... And that's that!

I know people who are trying to force relationships.
I know people who are heartbroken because they think they're destined to be with someone, but they don't know if that person will ever feel the same way towards them... 
I know people who have gotten into big trouble thanks to a previous relationship that wasn't God's will. 

If there's one thing that makes me sad, it's to see people with the wrong... well... People!
I'm not saying that I have a right to judge whether someone is right or wrong for somebody, but sometimes it's obvious!

I've had the privilege of being around people who are truly, insanely, madly, in love... People, who there's no mistaking, were made for each other. Let me tell you, there's very little more beautiful to me than that... 
Pure, honest, real... LOVE!

If I could implant one thing into the brains of all my single friends and family members, it would be that with enough faith, prayer, and dedication... They WILL find that person who they're searching so hard for... 
Bottom line!





Wherever you are, whatever time it is... I hope you're having a great day or night, and that this post made you smile!

I'll talk to you soon, beauties! <3

XOXOXOXOXO

Elysse<3




  




No comments:

Post a Comment