Monday, September 3, 2012

I don't always listen to normal people music, but when I do...


Hello lovely!

It's been so long since I've posted!
My life seems to have been consumed with school.
It' a weird rut I've come to...
I have so many thoughts buzzing in my head all the time, it's driving me up the wall!
The only way I can describe the way I feel is that I am standing on the very edge of that rut, and it's taking every bit of strength I have not to loose my balance and fall in.
As the bible says in Isaiah 43:2-3,
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee."
 So I will keep on keeping on, because I know from personal experience that even if I do fall in a rut, I will always be given the strength to climb my way back out and on to even higher ground then I started on!
That's just a little update. 
Now for the real point of this post!

You may or may not know about my erm.."slight" obsession with South Korean.... Well, everything!
If you didn't, now you do!

Music is the biggest part of this "obsession". 
In other words, I listen to very little other than Korean music.
It's a wonder how I can till get decent scores in song pop! Okay, that's a lie. 
I get decent scored in song pop because I always play the "Kpop" category. 

My point is, I barely ever listen to European music... Which is, I guess, the proper term it... Except, I don't live in Europe... And neither does Justin Bieber as far as I know. 
Someone could ask me "Hey, have you heard that new song by *insert name of mega American/British/Etc... pop star here*?" and I'm just like "Nope, sorry... I don't listen to normal people music remember?"   
True story. Ask anyone! (Anyone within reason... If you approach a random stranger on the streets and ask them, they will most likely think you're nuts.)

No matter how much time I spend trying to stress how little I listen to "normal people music", there are the odd occasions where I'm feeling daring and DO listen to it... And when I do, there's a 99% chance that it's of the indie genre.. Because everything else is too mainstream :p kekeke. 

*Indie: A gloriously vague term for Independant Music. Basically unsigned or more obscure bands.

Note: There is also such a thing as K-indie, which I love. Like, heaps!
Since discovering it, my normalness is shrinking more and more! 
It's like... Having a bathroom, a kitchen, and an endless supply of food right in your bedroom! 
Why leave if you don't have to, right?

"So, this indie stuff... What exactly does it sound like?"
That's easy! It sounds like twinkly lights, and sparkles, and rainbows, and sunshine, and marshmallows, and big pink fluffy clouds, and unicorns, and butterflies and happiness!
Well,  that's stereotyping isn't it? The kind that I listen to does anyways, okay?

Instead of leaving you with a ridiculous picture of all those things mixed together in your head, below are several of my favoritest indie songs!


1. Oh Land "White Nights"




This was the very first song I heard by Oh land, and now she is one of my top favorite non-Korean singers!
Her song and video perfectly evokes feelings of happiness to me.
Also, when I learned she used to be a dancer, it sort of finalized my love for Oh land!


2. Walk The Moon "Anna Sun"




When I first heard this song, it immediately became my "Summer anthem"!
The video is so fun and unique, and the song... Well... Incredible!



3. Marble Sounds "The Time To Sleep"



You know when you hear a song and you have to think for a while to come up with one that you think is more incredible? That's what kind of song this is! 
The soothing instrumentals combined with the relaxing lyrics make this the perfect song to go to sleep to each night!


4. The Honey Trees "To Be With You"




These two are so cute! And this song? Adorable!
Not to mention the video is magic! <3




5. Priscilla Ahn "Masters In China"





Where do I start?
This song is one of my favorite songs in the whole world!
It's got to be one of the most romantic, sweet, perfect love songs ever written!
It WILL be played at my wedding! You just wait and see! <3

P.S. Priscilla Ahn is also one of my favorite artists on the planet.. 
All of her songs are so incredible and calming!
I recommend that you also check out her songs "Dream" and "Rain".


6. Mindy Gledhill 

I can't just put one song on here under her name... 
Mindy Gledhill is probably my favorite female non-Korean artist out there!
Her songs are so inspiring and hopeful! 
When you listen to them you can't help but feel happy!

Some of my favorite Mindy Gledhill song are:

"Whole Wide World" 


This song is all about hope for the future!
funnily enough, this was released the very day I needed to hear it!
The second the music started my heart became 10 times happier! <3

"I do adore" 




Another adorable romantic song... My favorite type of song! <3

"Crazy Love"





This song has a very deep meaning to me.... Hahaha just kidding... Kind of! ;)
I'm not gonna lie... Having been known for "Slightly" stalking a certain person who may or may not work at the mall I go to, this is one of my many theme songs.
Don't worry, I didn't actually follow him home... or anywhere for that matter!
Because that would be creepy... Muahahahaha!

Last one, I promise! 
"Falling and flying" 


This song has a lot of meaning to me lately.
I've definitely been taking what she's singing to heart..

Alright, last song! Here we go! 

Lenka "The Show"


I'm pretty sure she counts as indie... but even if she doesn't, her songs are so encouraging and pretty!
She has a song for every situation I've ever been in that I've wanted a song to go along with... If that makes sense haha, I guess it does. 

She is another one of my favorite artists!

"The Show" is my all time favorite song of hers! 
It's just so stinkin' pretty! And the meaning fits perfectly with my ongoing life story!

Alright folks, that's it! 

This is the kind of music I listen to when I'm not listening to Kpop.... Which by the way I am listening to this very moment....
Hahaha! That's hilarious!
I even listen to Kpop when I'm blogging about NOT listening to Kpop!

Anyways, I hope you found at least one song that strikes your fancy! 

Sweet dreams/Have a lovely day!

XOXOXO

Elysse <3











No comments:

Post a Comment