Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"B-A-R-B-I-E" photography and update!

 Hey girls, and guys!
Today I wanted to test out my new camera, so I made some calls and got a very famous lady to come and be my main subject! ;)

Check them out and tell me what you think!
Then at the bottom you can read a little update on my life. If you're interested that is!




That's not dust, that's nostalgia!



See this hand? Yep, this one... Talk to it.



***Update***

Alright, so I know that I haven't been posting very much lately... Okay, I haven't posted AT ALL lately.... The reason for this, besides the fact that I believe I've lost my ability to create a decent blog post, is that I have been taking some time to explore and rebuild the foundation of my life...
A lot of things are changing for me at the moment, and I decided that I needed to spread my roots so that the ground that's dissolving under my feet won't hurt as much.

In this time I have done some things that I thought I would never posses the confidence, or power to do...

I've begun to rebuild me relationship with my family, and I've made many amazing new friends...

The most exciting thing for me, is that I've started going to a new church on Friday nights. I'm not going to get too much into detail about it, but I will say that I love it.. Like, a lot. 
Now, the thing about this church, is that it's a church where mostly Korean people attend... Does that sound crazed? My bad, I didn't know how else to word it.
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll probably know that I'm learning to speak Korean, and that I will be traveling there for me senior trip.. So going to this church and being around so many native Korean speakers has been absolutely amazing!
Being surrounded be people who share the same interests as me and further more, don't think I'm a freak (at least they don't act like they do.. Muahahaha!),    has made a huge difference in the way I view myself... I no longer feel like the weird chick who sits in a corner by herself listening to Korean music... I'm a HUMAN BEING with unique tastes! Tastes that I now know I'm not the only person in the world with!

Two years ago if you'd have asked me to go to a new place, all by myself, with tons of strangers, I would have laughed in your face... But truth be told, I've only gone with a friend one time in the month I've been going.

Maybe this is dangerous, but I've kind of taken this place and mentally said "Here, you're a part of my life now."... The people there may not know about this yet, but they'll find out eventually! ;)

 This past month has given me so much to be thankful for! As well as so much to look forward to, and so much to be inspired by!

Knowing that I can actually use the Korean that I learn, is a lot motivating than "Well, I'll learn it now so that I can use it...erm... sometime in the future..."!

Anyways, I guess it's also a change that I turned a year older on the third!... I don't think I blogged about that at all haha. 

The funniest thing happened Christmas morning! I got a camera, as you may know, and my Mom didn't want me to be able to guess what I got so she wrapped the memory card in a smoke detector box... 
Once I opened it, I was more confused than I had ever been. I also thought it was hilarious, so I laughed ridiculously hard and ended up crying. Later on that day I cried even harder when my Mom was on the phone with my aunt telling her what had happened! 
"I couldn't even cry when I opened my real present because I was already crying!" was what I told my Mom afterwords.

Here is a picture my Mom got in the middle of a laughing/crying fit! 

 

 About that camera... I've pretty much not put it down since I opened it.

He has a name.. It's Bae.

I'm so excited to be able to make youtube videos now! I'm actually in the midst of uploading my first one now! I will be posting it on here as soon as it's finished!

I'm currently in the middle of about three hilarious conversations with my cousin, Jess...  I'm sending the link to this post to her, so I know she's reading this... I LOVE YOU, JESS!  YOU"RE THE MOST AWESOMETASTIC COUSIN IN THE HISTORY OF MARS!... Which is apparently where we're both from.

 We're sitting here texting each other ridiculous derp faces... Can you believe that?

Anyways, that's pretty much what I've been up to!

I'm planning on having some kind of giveaway in the near future, so you should check back often! ;)

How did you spend your Christmas? Are there any special Christmas traditions that your family has? 
Comment below along with your blog url, and I'll promote you on the blog, as well as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr!

Stay sparkly!

XOXOXO

Elysse! <3  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are unique. What kind of church is the Korean church? Does it have a denomination?

    ReplyDelete