Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thirty days.

Hello, you!

As usual I haven't written in a while, but I'm writing now so lets forget about that and talk about what's been happening lately..Because it's incredible.

Remember when I posted a little while ago about "accepting myself"?
When I said that I despised being so shy, and that I didn't understand where I was supposed to be?

Wanna guess what happened?

Well...I don't know why...or how...but once again, God set everything straight!

I'm not going to go into detail about what happened since this isn't the main topic of this post, but long story short, last weekend I was put in a situation that completely changed my attitude.
It inspired me, motivated me, and taught me that I'm not as "weird" and alone as I used to think I was!

I cannot express how amazed I am at this revelation... I feel like the train track of my life has been switched over, and my train is now carrying me towards my destiny... A destiny which is greater than I could ever imagine.

Anyways, on to the main topic!

A while ago I discovered TED talks, and since then I have become just a little but obsessed with them. ;)

I'm watching one now as a matter of fact!

One of my favorite talks of all time is "Try Something New For 30 Days." by Matt Cutts.

In this talk he explains how life changing it could be to try doing things you've always wanted to do for a period of thirty days... Though, you probably could have guessed that by the title.

The coolest thing about what he's saying, is that it's the absolute truth!

You CAN write a book in thirty days! You CAN make big changes, in just thirty days!

The problem with most people is that we're too lazy to get up and TRY... Maybe there's a hint of fear of the change that could come out of trying.

Before I say anything else, take a look at the video of which I speak!





Did ya watch it? What do you think? Cool right?

Monday was my Birthday, and the first thing I thought about when I woke up that morning was how I've been on the earth for another 365 days... And how my life has changed in those days.

Then I decided that the best way to do great things, is to start now... So I'm starting now.. That is, first thing tomorrow, because I'm dead tired at the moment. ;)

What am I challenging myself to do for thirty days?

1. Study Korean for at least an hour a day.
2. Study the bible an hour more^
3. Draw one thing every day.
4. Learn how to read music.


That's pretty much it!

Now it's your turn! What will you challenge yourself to do for the next thirty days?

XOXOXO

Elysse
 

No comments:

Post a Comment